The fireteam begins at the spawn point for Patrol and must travel to Winter's Lair. Soon upon entering, the player will find the Fallen fighting off Vex in the tunnels. Kill all of the enemies as you press through the tunnels. The fireteam will then arrive at a large chasm, where more fighting between the Vex and Fallen is taking place. Eliminating the enemies in this area triggers the next objective.
To proceed, the squad needs to hack the generator and defend the player's Ghost as it cracks the code. Three waves of Vex will spawn. The first wave mostly consists of Goblins and Axis Minotaurs. The second wave spawns a number of Axis Hobgoblins both on the ledge above where most enemies spawn, and in the pit itself. It is possible to take out the cliff Axis Hobgoblins as they spawn by running into the tunnel in which they spawn, preferably taking them out with a Super. The third wave of enemies spawns two Axis Hydras and a number of Harpies. After this wave is defeated, the mission can proceed.
As the team walks outside, the Fallen have left four Pikes lying here. Taking them is a good way to quickly traverse the landscape, especially if you are playing with the Arc Burn Modifier. Hobgoblins, Goblins, Harpies, and Minotaurs are in the first clearing, but none of them are Majors or Ultras. The second clearing poses a tougher threat with two Axis Hydras and a number of Goblins and Hobgoblins somewhat hidden above on a cliff. The fireteam must abandon their Pikes here, as they cannot traverse the ledge with them.
The last few Vex enemies are In the large clearing, here fighting Fallen as well. Fallen enemies largely consist of Reaver Captains, Dregs, and Vandal snipers. When you kill all the enemies, both Fallen and Vex, that are initially fighting, a few waves consisting of Vandal snipers, Captains, and Shock Dagger Dregs, the team can proceed to kill Aksor, the main target. To begin the fight, a Guardian must stand in front of the prison.
Aksor is a much larger Captain, and weilds a large Shrapnel Launcher. What's more, standing close to him will make him execute a ground pound melee attack, which can easily kill any Guardians that are too close. Endless waves of enemies will spawn. Throughout the fight, Shanks accompanied by a High Servitor will spawn, and will respawn if all enemies in that wave are killed. As the players damage Aksor, after reducing his health to about 50% (Needs Verification), Stealth Vandals and Vandal snipers will spawn. Focusing on Aksor is the best plan of action, but killing any Fallen that interfere is essential. It is possible, if two players have sniper rifles and enough ammo, to "stagger-lock" Aksor with continuous alternating headshots while a third player keeps the snipers safe from the Fallen swarm. When the Archon Priest finally falls, the Strike will be complete.
- Aksor can be stun-locked if the player has a high impact weapon, such as The Supremacy or Ice Breaker and hits Aksor in the head every few seconds after his stun animation is done. Use this to allow teammates to inflict as much damage as possible while he is stunned.
- If you can get to a high spot that doesn't spawn many enemies, then Aksor's long and short range attacks won't be able to hit you. If you use a sniper rifle or a fusion rifle, you will be able to cause the most damage.
- CAYDE-6: Those Fallen on the Ishtar Sink on Venus... story is they raided the Prison of Elders in the Reef. Got an Archon Priest. The Queen's bounty is high so we know it's powerful. We need to hunt this thing down before they fully restore it's soul.
The fireteam lands in Headlands.
- GHOST: It won't take them long to restore the Archon Priest's soul. We'd better head for the caves.
The fireteam enters Winter's Lair.
- GHOST: Vex!? What are they doing in here?
After defeating the Fallen and Vex, the fireteam proceeds to the Cinders.
- GHOST: If the Fallen are already fighting off Vex, they'll be ready for us. The Archon Priest will be well-protected.
The fireteam arrives at the Cinders and defeats a wave of Fallen.
- GHOST: We'll need to get through! I'll check it out.
The fireteam deploys a Ghost to breach the hatch.
- GHOST: It's locked down tight. Just give me some time.
The fireteam defeats three waves of Vex.
- GHOST: Ok! It's open!
The fireteam heads to the Ash Coves.
- GHOST: Picking up Fallen comms. They're restoring the Archon Priest! We'd better move.
The fireteam arrives at the Ash Coves, two Pikes can be seen on each side of the path.
- GHOST: Think they'd mind if we take their Pikes?
The fireteam proceeds to kill two waves of Vex along the way and later arrives at Winter's Run.
- GHOST: A cell. From the Prison of Elders. The Archon Priest is still inside.
The fireteam clears out the Fallen and Vex.
- GHOST: You sure this is a good idea?
The fireteam releases Aksor. They defeat the Fallen and the Archon Priest.
- GHOST: It was better off in the Prison of Elders. I'll contact the Vanguard. Let them know the Archon Priest is dead.
- CAYDE-6: One more Fallen Archon gone to dust. Good. But if the Fallen found the Prison of Elders, I'm sure we'll be hearing about more heists like this. Today, we celebrate.