Update 1.0.2 addressed widely-discussed concerns with how engrams were earned and made Strike rewards more plentiful and predictable. Crucible map rotations were also updated.
- Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary-quality item or higher
- Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before
- Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher
- Chance for Legendary gear increased
- Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)
- Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
- Known issues
- When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
- You will still get the XP bonus, you just won't see it in the UI
- Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
- Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists
- ↑ Destiny Dev Team (2014) "Update 1.0.2 - Patch Notes". Bungie. Retrieved October 1, 2014.