|This article is out-of-date. You can help by updating it new information. [Proposed: May 9, 2016]|
Trials of Osiris uses the Elimination gametype. Entrance into the Trials requires a Trials Passage, which can be purchased from Brother Vance for 500 Glimmer. Once a Trials Passage accumulates nine wins or three losses, the Passage will no longer grant admission to the Trials, but it can still be used to purchase rewards from Brother Vance in Year 1. In order to continue competing in the Trials of Osiris, a new Trials Passage must be purchased. If a Guardian quits or disconnects from a match before it is completed, a loss will be added to the Trials Passage.
Level advantages are enabled, and teammate matchmaking is disabled, so Guardians will need to form their own fireteams. Additionally, the Trials of Osiris will weight connection more heavily when finding opponents in Year 1. In Year 2, passage progress will determine opponents.
Each match will take place on the same map in a given week. The map changes every week.
Brother Vance also sells consumables that can help Guardians progress though the Trials. In Year 2, Boons are now purchased directly from the passage and must be bought before your 1st match. Also in Year 2, the armor piece drops when you get 5 wins and the weapon drops at 7 wins and are no longer purchased from Brother Vance. Brother Vance now gives Trials Bounties which can award Bronze, Silver, and Gold Tier rewards as well as Legendary Marks.
List of RewardsEdit
The following loot can be obtained from random drops after each completed match:
- Scarab's Vigil Gauntlets
- Scarab's Vigil Greaves
- Scarab's Vigil Helm
- Scarab's Vigil Plate
- Scarab's Vigil Mark
- Aaru's Passage, legendary black and yellow shader
- "Draught of Nectar", legendary jumpship
- Prince Sigil, rare emblem
- Emperor Sigil
- Sun of Osiris
- Moon of Osiris
- Midnight Hunt (five wins, only during Festival of the Lost 2016)
- 1-3 Passage Coins (only after a loss)
Guardians who accumulate nine wins and zero losses on a single Trials Passage will be able to travel to The Lighthouse, a location on Mercury that contains exclusive loot. Guardians can use the consumables provided by Brother Vance to help achieve this feat. Opening the chest at The Lighthouse will reward the following:
- Eye of Osiris, exotic emblem (Year 1)
- Hic Jacet, Legendary Emblem (Year 2)
- Scarab Heart, Legendary Emblem (Year 2)
- Solar Labor, Legendary Emblem (Year 3)
- 1 Etheric Light
- 4-6 Motes of Light
- A random Trials of Osiris primary weapon with a random damage type:
- The Summoner (Adept), Legendary Auto Rifle (Year 1)
- The Scholar (Adept), Legendary Scout Rifle (Year 1)
- The Messenger (Adept), Legendary Pulse Rifle (Year 1)
- Jewel of Osiris (Adept), Legendary Hand Cannon (Year 1)
- Doctrine of Passing (Adept), Legendary Auto Rifle (Year 2)
- The Water Star (Adept), Legendary Hand Cannon (Year 2)
- Reflection Sum (Adept), Legendary Pulse Rifle (Year 2)
- The Inward Lamp (Adept), Legendary Scout Rifle (Year 2)
- Blind Perdition (Adept), Legendary Pulse Rifle (Year 3)
- Burning Eye (Adept), Legendary Scout Rifle (Year 3)
- Exile's Student (Adept), Legendary Hand Cannon (Year 3)
- Vision Stone (Adept), Legendary Auto Rifle (Year 3)
- A chance for an exotic armor piece or Exotic weapon
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 (2015) YouTube: Trials of Osiris Reveal Archive 44:50. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- ↑ (2015) YouTube: Destiny House of Wolves: Trials and Crucible Additions and Corrections 0:15. Retrieved May 1, 2015.