Trials of Osiris uses the Elimination gametype. Entrance into the Trials requires a Trials Passage, which can be purchased from Brother Vance for 500 Glimmer. Once a Trials Passage accumulates three losses, the Passage will no longer grant admission to the Trials. In order to continue competing in the Trials of Osiris, a new Trials Passage must be purchased. If a Guardian quits or disconnects from a match before it is completed, a loss will be added to the Trials Passage. By inspecting their Trials Passage, Guardians may spend Passage Coins to purchase modifications to their Passage that will aid in obtaining the most wins possible.
Level advantages are enabled, and teammate matchmaking is disabled, so Guardians will need to form their own fireteams. Teams are matched against each other depending on connection and number of wins on the Trials Passage.
Each match will take place on the same map in a given week. The map changes every week.
List of RewardsEdit
One of the following armor pieces will drop as an end-of-match reward on the fifth win on a Trials Passage once per week per Guardian:
- Scarab's Vigil Helm
- Scarab's Vigil Gauntlets
- Scarab's Vigil Plate
- Scarab's Vigil Greaves
- Scarab's Vigil Mark
One of following weapons will drop as an end-of-match reward on the seventh win on a Trials Passage once per week per Guardian:
- Vision Stone, Legendary Auto Rifle
- Blind Perdition, Legendary Pulse Rifle
- Burning Eye, Legendary Scout Rifle
- Exile's Student, Legendary Hand Cannon
- Stellar Vestige, Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Unraveling Thread, Legendary Shotgun
- The Winged Word, Legendary Sniper Rifle
The following items have a chance to drop as end-of-match rewards:
- The Devoted, legendary blue and yellow shader
- Vigilant Disciple (on match wins after obtaining nine wins on a card)
- 1-3 Strange Coins
- 1-3 Motes of Light
- 1-3 Passage Coins (only after a loss)
Guardians who accumulate nine wins and zero losses on a single Trials Passage will be able to travel to The Lighthouse, a location on Mercury that contains exclusive loot. Opening the chest at The Lighthouse will reward the following:
- Solar Labor, Legendary Emblem
- 1 Flawless Vigil Ornament
- 4-6 Motes of Light
- One armor piece
- A random Trials of Osiris Adept primary weapon:
- A chance for an exotic armor piece or exotic weapon
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 (2015) YouTube: Trials of Osiris Reveal Archive 44:50. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- ↑ (2015) YouTube: Destiny House of Wolves: Trials and Crucible Additions and Corrections 0:15. Retrieved May 1, 2015.