The Tower is a social activity and a location within the walls of The City. In the Tower, Guardians can interact with each other, visit vendors, or turn in quest items. While in the Tower, combat is not possible and the player's Guardian is viewed from a third-person perspective.
NPCs and VendorsEdit
Guardians can interact with a variety of non-player characters (NPCs) at the Tower. Some NPCs serve no apparent function except to populate the Tower, while others provide a variety of services and products for sale. The following is a list of known NPCs at the Tower who sell goods and services (alphabetical order by area):
|Hall of Guardians|
|Arcite 99-40||Crucible Quartermaster||Sells Crucible weapons, Sparrows, and resource materials.|
|Cayde-6||Hunter Vanguard||Sells Hunter armor and emblems, delivers Vanguard rank-up packages to Hunters.|
|Commander Zavala||Titan Vanguard||Sells Titan armor and emblems, delivers Vanguard rank-up packages to Titans.|
|Ikora Rey||Warlock Vanguard||Sells Warlock armor and emblems, delivers Vanguard rank-up packages to Warlocks.|
|Lord Shaxx||Crucible Handler||Sells Crucible armor and offers weekly bounty sets.|
|Eris Morn||Sells emblems, shaders, class items, and special items related to the Crota's Bane faction.|
|Exotic Armor blueprint console||Allows any previously discovered exotic armor to be retrieved.|
|Exotic Weapon blueprint console||Allows any previously discovered exotic weapon to be retrieved.|
|Abandoned Quest console||Allows abandoned or skipped quests to be resumed.|
|Amanda Holliday||Shipwright||Sells Jumpships and Sparrows, delivers rank-up packages for Sparrow Racing League event.|
|Arach Jalaal||Dead Orbit representative||Sells Dead Orbit emblems, class items, armor, and weapons, delivers Dead Orbit rank-up packages.|
|Lakshmi-2||Future War Cult representative||Sells Future War Cult emblems, class items, armor, and weapons, delivers Future War Cult rank-up packages.|
|Roni 55-30||Vanguard Quartermaster||Sells Vanguard weapons and sparrows, as well as resource materials.|
|Sparrow console||Allows any previously discovered Sparrow to be retrieved.|
|Jumpship console||Allows any previously discovered jumpship to be retrieved.|
|Emote console||Allows any previously discovered emotes to be retrieved.|
|Eva Levante||Guardian Outfitter||Sells emblems and shaders, delivers rewards for Festival of the Lost event.|
|Executor Hideo||New Monarchy representative||Sells New Monarchy emblems, class items, armor, and weapons, delivers New Monarchy rank-up packages.|
|The Speaker||Voice of the Traveler||Sells class items and Ghost Shells, converts legacy resources.|
|Shader console||Allows any previously discovered shader to be retrieved.|
|Emblem console||Allows any previously discovered emblem to be retrieved.|
|Holiday console||Allows certain gear previously earned from special events to be retrieved.|
|Banshee-44||Gunsmith||Sells weapons and Ammo Synthesis packs. Provides test weapons and rank-up packages for Gunsmith faction.|
|Kadi 55-30||Postmaster||Delivers packages and lost items to Guardians. Shares delivery collection with Sentha 55-30.|
|Master Rahool||Cryptarch||Sells and decodes Engrams, redeems collected items for glimmer. Shares reputation with Master Ives.|
|Tess Everis||Eververse representative||Sells emotes and other premium items for Silver.|
|Xander 99-40||Bounty Tracker||Posts available bounties. Sharess daily bounties with Berg 99-40.|
|Eververse console||Sells Ornaments and other cosmetic items for Silver Dust.|
|Xûr||Agent of the Nine||Sells exotic weapons and armor and other items. Appears in a different location each week.|
- Bungie art director Christopher Barrett described the Tower as "Earth's Camelot," a glimmering stronghold surrounded by shadows. The Tower is designed to have a "human futuristic aesthetic" composed of "contemporary inspiration plus some number of years, like ten to 50 years of advancement." Vehicles and architecture within the Tower resemble present day vehicles and architecture, but more futuristic with some Japanese influence. At the same time, the Tower feels "lived in," with broken tiles, scars of past battles, and repairs and additions over top of the original futuristic architecture. Above all, the Tower is designed to feel hopeful and bright.
- According to an NPC in the Tower, it is rumored that some time in the past, the City once possessed a dozen Towers, but the others all fell to the Darkness.
- There is a soccer ball that can be kicked around by players. It has three spawn locations:
- Behind the post office, on the side facing the North Tower, in front of a stack of crates and cylinders.
- Beside a stack of crates under the stairs next to the North Tower.
- Beside a stack of crates opposite the foot of the stairs next to the North Tower.
- There is a purple beach ball that can be tossed around by players using their feet or heads. It has four possible spawn locations:
- On a stack of crates to the right of Xander 99-40, the Bounty Hunter.
- On a brown table at the left side of Master Rahool, the Cryptarch.
- During an event, when the Events area behind the Bounty Tracker is open, two additional beach balls can spawn, providing a total of three active beach balls:
- On or behind a stack of crates to the right when entering the events area.
- On top of a keg beside a bunch of crates half way along the left side of the events area.
- There is a secret button on the platform above were Eris used to stand before she moved to the hall of the guardians. It activates the fan on the roof of the building containing the Postmaster and Special Orders vendors, briefly launching any Guardian standing on it into the air.
- At the point where new Guardians arrive in the Tower, the Latin phrase "ATRIVM PROPVGNATORVM" can be read just below the center staircase on the ground. This translates to "Hall of Champions" in English. The line below that phrase on the map of the Tower in the Destiny companion app: "Juvenes erant Sparte muros el hastes fines eius" can translate to "Young men were the walls of Sparta, their spears its borders."
- The Tower's signs are displayed in three languages: English, Portuguese, and Chinese.
- Seven coins are hidden in the design of the environments around the Tower.
- In Update 1.1.2, the Jukebox Easter Egg was added to the Tower Hangar.
- Players can select which of their equipped weapons is shown on their back by using the weapon switch button.
- Players can select whether or not their helmet is worn in the Settings menu.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 (2014 June 19) YouTube: Destiny Alpha - All NPCs in the Tower Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- ↑ Reveal Press Conference
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Miller, Matt. (January 2014 Print Edition) "A Player's Journey: Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 30 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Vore, Bryan. (2013-12-20) "The Places of Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 30 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ Reddit "Tower NPCs Breakdown: The Jovians, Osiris, The Great Pyramid, Sun Legion, Ragnarök, etc.[Part 2]". Retrieved Jul 13, 2014.
- ↑ IGN "7 Hidden Coins". Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- ↑ Reddit "Destiny - All 7 Hidden Coins Locations in the Tower". Retrieved 31 October 2014.