- Get to the Hellmouth
- Find the Swarm Prince
- Face the Swarm Prince
- Track the Sword
- Locate the Sword
- Slaughter the Hive
- Claim the Sword of Crota
- Kill the Swarm Princes
- GHOST: I've been combing the Cryptarch's records for anything on the Temple of Crota. Listen:
- MASTER RAHOOL: Long ago, the Moon fell to Crota. He wielded a sword so dark, it drained whatever Light it touched. Now, Crota sleeps, but the Sword does not. The Warlocks believe the Sword is in a chamber guarded by the Swarm Princes. If you face them and steal the sword, we can see that it is never wielded again.
- GHOST: The only way to destroy the sword is to kill its makers, the Swarm Princes. One of them is said to guard a ritual site near the Hellmouth. We'll challenge him first.
The Guardian arrives at the ritual site.
- GHOST: This is where we'll find him. I hope you're ready.
The Guardian kills Banuk, Ur Prince.
- GHOST: One down. I'll lead us to the others.
The Guardian heads into The Gatehouse.
- GHOST: Not to unsettle you, but I'm tracking the Sword by the Light of the Guardians it's killed. It's further below.
- GHOST: The Sword is close. I can feel its power.
The Guardian finds the Sword of Crota.
- GHOST: Clear them out!
The Guardian eliminates all nearby Hive enemies.
- GHOST: Grab the Sword. That should lure them out.
The Guardian grabs the Sword.
- GHOST: Careful. Its power is dark.
The Guardian kills many Hive enemies.
- GHOST: Lots of movement, all around us! The Princes are coming for the Sword.
- GHOST: The Sword is gone. They say that was one of the most powerful weapons the Hive ever wielded against us. The Cryptarchs won't believe this.
- If the player attempts to leave the Gatehouse while wielding the Sword, it will be removed from the player and will reappear in its original location.