The Golden Age legends tell of ancient tunnels below the Academy, where a Vex machine once ate away at the planet. Descend into the old dig sites and find this Nexus before it churns again.
― In-game description
- Start from the Ishtar Commons and make your way down to fight the Nexus.
- Kill three High Servitors to pass through the first area.
- Enemies are optional afterwards, as you can just run past them. Continue on until you reach "The Nexus."
- Kill the boss, who is a very large Hydra with all the weaknesses and strengths of one, including an invulnerable shield that rotates around it and heavy plasma cannons.
Start of the Strike Edit
- Farm the Vex and Fallen enemies for ammo.
- Or run past them. They will usually not attack.
Kill Three High Servitors Edit
- Once entering the segment, throw a grenade at the wall on top of the stairs that are in-front.
- One Servitor spawns first, along with several Fallen.
- The final two Servitors spawn simultaneously, along with several Fallen each, including one Captain.
The Nexus Edit
- Once entering this area, Guardians should stay on top of the cliff before jumping down. This could give some advantage over the Minotaurs if a sniper is used.
- If a player decides to stay on top of the cliff the entire fight, be careful of a Minotaur that spawns behind every so often.
- When jumping down, there is a large wall behind the fireteam from which the fireteam can go around to the back from either the left or right side. This location is very useful for surviving against Sekrion or the Vex enemies that spawn on the ground.
- One of the tall, broken pillars in the middle can be jumped on. From there players can jump up to the platform holding Sekrion. This tactic works best with a Titan.
IKORA REY: Far below the Ishtar Sink, the Vex have set something in motion: a world-eating machine transforming Venus into another link in their intergalactic chain. This Nexus mind must be stopped and the mind that controls it destroyed.