A Strike is a cooperative activity available in Destiny. A Strike is a structured, progressive, cooperative adventure "ideal for pick-up groups or friends looking for a quick battle together." Strikes are replayable, designed for three-person Fireteams, and usually take 20–45 minutes to complete.
Strikes always begin in a public area, so the Fireteam can begin participating in public events, encounter other Fireteams, or explore. When the Fireteam enters the "Strike proper," it becomes private, and the Fireteam will no longer encounter other players. At that point, players go through a structured and crafted mission that culminates in one or more boss battles.
Every week at the Weekly Reset, a new Weekly Nightfall Strike is selected. This strike is played at a high light level. It uses modifiers to increase the difficulty, and has a chance to give Legendary weapons, Exotic Gear and others as rewards.
As of Year 2, the Weekly Heroic Strike was replaced by the Vanguard Heroic playlist.
List of StrikesEdit
- The Devils' Lair
- Will of Crota (The Dark Below)
- Fallen S.A.B.E.R. (The Taken King)
- Sepiks Perfected (Rise of Iron)
- The Wretched Eye (Rise of Iron)
- The Summoning Pits
- The Shadow Thief (House of Wolves)
- Blighted Chalice (The Taken King)
- The Abomination Heist (Rise of Iron)
Vanguard Strike PlaylistsEdit
|Vanguard Legacy||20||Launches a random Year 1 strike.|
|Vanguard Strikes||36 (♦200)||Launches a random strike.|
|Vanguard Heroic Strikes||41 (♦260)||Launches a random Heroic strike. Gain weekly rewards.|
With the release of The Taken King, strike-specific gear was introduced to the game. These items could only be obtained from certain strikes, dropping rarely and at random from their final bosses. Rise of Iron revamped this system by introducing Strike Hoards, special chests which appeared after a strike boss was defeated. Opening a strike hoard requires a Skeleton Key, which itself drops rarely from strike final bosses. The contents of a strike hoard will depend on the strike in which it is found.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Miller, Matt. (January 2014 Print Edition) "A Player's Journey: Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ destinygame (2013) YouTube: Reveal Trailer - Official Destiny ViDoc: Pathways Out of Darkness 01:18. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The Know (2014-04-29) YouTube: 1:10. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- ↑ Aziz, Hamza. (2014-04-28) "Destiny's combat is solid, but I'm not so sure about the rest of it". Destructoid.com. Retrieved 2014-05-02.