Unlike story missions and Strikes, Raids give players only the bare minimum of guidance and objectives and instead challenge Guardians to figure everything out as they proceed. Because of the necessity of communication and coordination, Raids do not support matchmaking.
Raids have two difficulties: Normal and Hard. Normal mode focuses on learning the Raid's mechanics, communicating with the team, and strategizing. Hard mode increases the difficulty in several ways, including deadlier enemies, new behaviors for raid mechanics, and a harsher death penalty. Hard mode for a raid is unlocked after it is first completed on Normal.
Each Raid has exclusive loot, consisting of one complete set of armor and a class item for each class and one legendary weapon of each type. Some items will only drop on Hard. Raids also have a high likelihood of dropping exotic weapons.
Once a Guardian receives loot for an encounter, that Guardian is locked out from receiving any further loot from that encounter until the Weekly Reset each Tuesday. Encounter loot drops have an independent weekly lockout for each difficulty, meaning that the Hard drop may be received in a week in which the Normal drop has already been received. If a raid is run on Hard in a given week before it is run on Normal, each loot drop will deliver both the Normal and Hard rewards together.
Chests found within raids do not have separate lockouts and may only be opened once per week.
List of RaidsEdit
|Name||Source||Normal Enemy Level||Hard Enemy Level|
|Vault of Glass||Destiny||26-28||30|
|Crota's End||The Dark Below||30-32||33|
- ↑ Petit, Carolyn. (2014-04-28) "Discovering Destiny: What Awaits You in Bungie's Upcoming Shooter". GameSpot. Retrieved May 05, 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Dague, David. (2014) "Bungie Weekly Update - 08/29/2014". Bungie. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ↑ Tassi, Paul. (Jul 31, 2014) "Destiny's End-Game Raids Require Five Other Friends To Play". Forbes. Retrieved Aug 07, 2014.
- ↑ Destiny Dev Team (2014) "Let the Raiding Begin". Bungie. Retrieved September 17, 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Bungie.net "Help: I played through the weekly events multiple times and stopped receiving rewards". Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- ↑ Osborne, Eric. (2014-04-30) "Forum Thread: New Destiny Gameplay". NeoGAF. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- ↑ Dague, David. (2014-02-28) "Bungie Weekly Update - 02/28/2014". Bungie. Retrieved 2014-05-05.