- Head up the coast
- Find the research site
- Eliminate the Fallen
- Analyze mind core
- Hold off the Vex
- Return to Ghost
- GHOST: I wish you'd check with me before making insane promises. If we want to take down a Gate Lord, we've got to find out how these machines operate. Let's find the biggest one we can, pull out its brain, and see what we can learn about them.
- GHOST: Okay, there is a big Vex signature just up the coast. Let's kill it—whatever it is—and bring its mind core to one of the old Academy research labs.
- GHOST: Up ahead. A ridiculously large Vex emission. Sounds like what we're looking for.
The Guardian destroys the Cyclops and picks up its mind core.
- GHOST: Fascinating! Let's head for that research station.
The Guardian heads in the direction of the research station.
- GHOST: Their mind cores are actually biological. Not relative to any known life forms recorded. Maybe the Collective's research can tell us more.
- GHOST: Nice work. There's got to be a central terminal around here... found one. Let's see if I can get it to work.
The Guardian deploys the Ghost to scan a terminal in the research lab.
- GHOST: It's revivable. I'll see what they discovered here. Vex! They're coming!
A wave of Vex enemies appears. The Guardian kills them.
- GHOST: The Vex share one mind across a million units. That's why they react so fast!
A second wave of Vex enemies appear and the Guardian kills them.
- GHOST: Amazing. They can warp across star systems in an instant.
A third wave of Vex enemies appear. The Guardian kills them and then returns to the Ghost.
- GHOST: I know how to find a Gate Lord! Each Vex is part of a giant network that spreads through the mantle of the entire planet. If I can just get into their system, we can draw a Gate Lord out.