Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.
Hunters were once outlaws and survivors that roamed the wastelands and wilderness making their own luck. Through manipulation of the Traveler's energies, Hunters learned how to survive in the wild. This heritage has led to their characteristic tendency of bending the rules to suit their particular situation. Being the trailblazers amongst Guardian classes, Hunters serve as invaluable scouts when surveying hostile and dangerous territory combining their trademark daring and ingenuity.
Distinguishing Features Edit
Also, as with the other player classes, in addition to helmets, chest, arm, and leg armor, Hunters have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them. The Hunter's unique armor is its cloak worn on the head and back.
Hunters are primarily shown using ranged weaponry such as sniper rifles, and secondary firearms including hand cannons. They also employ a unique utility blade, the Hunter Knife, for stealth kills and melee combat, a weapon unique to their class.
Hunters' method of attack has an emphasis on dealing high damage from short and medium range.
The following are the known subclasses for Hunters:
Design and Inspiration Edit
During a Bungie panel at GDC 2013, Bungie stated that the Hunter class is meant to be reminiscent of the classic "bounty hunter", citing influences such a♙ Han Solo and classic characters from old Western films such as Clint Eastwood's the Man with No Name. For players, choosing the Hunter class "satisfies a survivalist fantasy", and Hunter weapons are generally designed to be "rugged, utilitarian, and quiet."
Bungie Senior Graphics Designer Lorraine McLees described the class as a "combination of speed and strength", and Assistant Community Manager David Dague added that the Hunter class "is about stealth tactics".
Notable Hunters Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 (2013) "Explore Destiny: Hunter". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 DBO Forums "Transcript of the official English version of the cards". Retrieved Jul 10, 2014.
- ↑ destinythegame.com "Destiny Hunter Guardian Class". Retrieved Jul 10, 2014.
- ↑ (2013-03-29) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 46:15. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ GDC 2013 Panel. 46:20. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 (20 Mar. 2014) GDC Vault: Building Customizable Characters for Bungie's 'Destiny 04:40. Retrieved 08 Apr. 2014.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Dague, David. (2013-11-12) "Destiny Drawing Board: The Hunter's Knife". Bungie.net. Retrieved 14 Nov. 2013.
- ↑ /r/DestinyTheGame "Game Master July 2014 Destiny Cover Issue & PlayStation UK Magazine June 2014 Destiny Hands-on: Breakdown". Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- ↑ (2013-03-29) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 43:50. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ Dague, David. (2013-03-15) "The Ides of Mail Sack". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ Sartori, Marianne. (2013-09-4) "Destiny: Bungie on Customization, Class Types, and Multiplayer". Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
|Player||Hunter • Titan • Warlock|