Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.
|Class Specialty||Stealth, Precision|
Hunters are a player class in Destiny. Bungie Senior Graphics Designer Lorraine McLees described the class as a "combination of speed and strength", and Assistant Community Manager David Dague added that the Hunter class "is about stealth tactics".
Hunters were once outlaws who roamed the wastelands and wilderness making their own luck, and their heritage has led to their characteristic traits of bending the rules, combining daring and ingenuity. Hunters serve as trailblazers amongst Guardian classes, scouting hostile and dangerous areas.
Also, as with the other player classes, in addition to head, chest, arm, and leg armor, Hunters have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them. The Hunter's unique armor is its cloak worn on the head and back.
Hunters are primarily shown using ranged weaponry such as sniper rifles, and secondary firearms including hand cannons. They also employ a unique utility blade, the Hunter Knife, for stealth kills and melee combat, a weapon unique to their class.
The following are the known focuses for Hunters:
Design and InspirationEdit
During a Bungie panel at GDC 2013, Bungie stated that the Hunter class is meant to be reminiscent of the classic "bounty hunter", citing as influences Han Solo and classic characters from old Western films such as Clint Eastwood's the Man with No Name. For players, choosing the Hunter class "satisfies a survivalist fantasy", and Hunter weapons are generally designed to be "rugged, utilitarian, and quiet."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 (2013) "Explore Destiny: Hunter". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ Dague, David. (2013-03-15) "The Ides of Mail Sack". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ Sartori, Marianne. (2013-09-4) "Destiny: Bungie on Customization, Class Types, and Multiplayer". Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ , Bungie Inc. (GamesCom 2013) Hunter (Jäger) Trading Card (Translated from German). Bungie Inc.:.
- ↑ (2013-03-29) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 46:15. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 (20 Mar. 2014) GDC Vault: Building Customizable Characters for Bungie's 'Destiny 04:40. Retrieved 08 Apr. 2014.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Dague, David. (2013-11-12) "Destiny Drawing Board: The Hunter's Knife". Bungie.net. Retrieved 14 Nov. 2013.
- ↑ (2013-03-29) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 43:50. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
|Player||Hunter • Titan • Warlock|