Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.
|Specialties||Stealth, Marksmanship, Speed and Finesse.|
Hunters were once survivors that roamed the wastelands and wilderness making their own luck. Through manipulation of the Traveler's energies, Hunters learned how to survive in the wild. This heritage has led to their characteristic tendency of bending the rules to suit their particular situation. Being the trailblazers amongst Guardian classes, Hunters serve as invaluable scouts when surveying hostile and dangerous territory combining their trademark daring and ingenuity.
Distinguishing Features Edit
Also, as with the other player classes, in addition to helmets, chest armor, gauntlets, and leg armor, Hunters have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them: a cloak worn on the head and back.
Hunters' method of attack has an emphasis on dealing high damage from short and medium range.
Notable Hunters Edit
- Ana Bray (deceased)
- Andal Brask (deceased)
- Dredgen Yor (deceased)
- Eris Morn
- Jaren Ward (deceased)
- Omar Agah (deceased)
- Pahanin Errata (deceased)
- Sai Mota (deceased)
- Shin Malphur
- During Bungie's GDC 2013 Panel, Bungie said that the Hunter class is meant to be reminiscent of the classic "bounty hunter," citing influences such as Han Solo and classic characters from old Western films such as Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name. For players, choosing the Hunter class "satisfies a survivalist fantasy."
- Hunters are the only class to holster a Hand Cannon on their hip and not the back of their belt. This could have also been done because of the long Cloaks they wear.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 (2013) "Explore Destiny: Hunter". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 DBO Forums "Transcript of the official English version of the cards". Retrieved Jul 10, 2014.
- ↑ destinythegame.com "Destiny Hunter Guardian Class". Retrieved Jul 10, 2014.
- ↑ (2013-03-29) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 46:15. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ GDC 2013 Panel. 46:20. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 (20 Mar. 2014) GDC Vault: Building Customizable Characters for Bungie's 'Destiny 04:40. Retrieved 08 Apr. 2014.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Dague, David. (2013-11-12) "Destiny Drawing Board: The Hunter's Knife". Bungie.net. Retrieved 14 Nov. 2013.
- ↑ /r/DestinyTheGame "Game Master July 2014 Destiny Cover Issue & PlayStation UK Magazine June 2014 Destiny Hands-on: Breakdown". Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- ↑ (2013-03-29) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 43:50. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
|Player||Hunter • Titan • Warlock|