Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.
|Abilities|| Golden Gun|
unnamed explosive attack
unnamed melee attack
unnamed speed burst
Hunters are a player class in Destiny. Bungie Senior Graphics Designer Lorraine McLees described the class as a "combination of speed and strength", and Assistant Community Manager David Dague added that the Hunter class "is about stealth tactics".
Hunters were once outlaws who roamed the wastelands and wilderness making their own luck, and their heritage has led to their characteristic traits of bending the rules, combining daring and ingenuity. Hunters serve as trailblazers amongst Guardian classes, scouting hostile and dangerous areas.
Hunters can be easily distinguished in-game by their signature hooded cloaks, thin builds, and lightly armored outfits. Hunters also use the Hunter Knife for melee attacks, a unique weapon to this class.
Hunters are shown using ranged Weapons such as sniper rifles, and secondary firearms such as handguns. They also use the unique Hunter Knife as a melee weapon
Hunters appear to have an unnamed explosive ability that materializes multiple red projectiles that home-in on and damage enemies.
Hunters appear to have an unnamed melee ability that either creates or envelops a preexisting knife in energy, allowing viciously powerful melee attacks that inflict high damage on enemies.
Hunters appear to have an ability that briefly thrusts or "warps" them forward at an incredible speed.
Design and InspirationEdit
During a Bungie panel at GDC 2013, Bungie stated that the Hunter class is meant to be reminiscent of the classic "bounty hunter", citing as influences Han Solo and classic characters from old Western films such as Clint Eastwood's the Man with No Name. For players, choosing the Hunter class "satisfies a survivalist fantasy", and Hunter weapons are generally designed to be "rugged, utilitarian, and quiet."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 (2013) "Explore Destiny: Hunter". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 (Aug. 22, 2013) YouTube: Out Here in the Wild - Official Destiny ViDoc 3:30. Retrieved Aug. 26, 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 (Jul. 8, 2013) YouTube: Official Destiny Gameplay Reveal 4:55. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 (Sep. 4, 2013) YouTube.com: Destiny Community Thank You 1:30. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 (Sep. 4, 2013) YouTube.com: Destiny Community Thank You 0:40. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ Dague, David. (Mar. 15, 2013) "The Ides of Mail Sack". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ Sartori, Marianne. (Sep. 4, 2013) "Destiny: Bungie on Customization, Class Types, and Multiplayer". Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ , Bungie Inc. (GamesCom 2013) Hunter (Jäger) Trading Card (Translated from German). Bungie Inc.:.
- ↑ (Mar. 29, 2013) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 46:15. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Dague, David. (12 Nov. 2013) "Destiny Drawing Board: The Hunter's Knife". Bungie.net. Retrieved 14 Nov. 2013.
- ↑ (Mar. 29, 2013) YouTube.com: Bungie's Destiny Panel - GDC 2013 43:50. Retrieved Sep. 5, 2013.