The Guardians are the player characters of Destiny. They are reanimated corpses brought to life with the Traveler's Light carried by a Ghost. They are a standing army of specialized soldiers tasked with the defense of the last city on Earth. They are also responsible for exploring the remnants of human civilization abandoned throughout the solar system and investigating the remains of their Golden Age.
Guardians wage a vicious armed conflict against a myriad of extraterrestrial species who pose an immediate threat to the survival of humanity. The greatest source of the Guardian's power lies in their ability to harness the energy of The Traveler and use it as a weapon against their opponents. Guardians also have access to a Ghost, an artificially intelligent flying robot that can assist the Guardian in tactical situations.
Guardians choose to play as one of three different classes. Though each player class in Destiny has a distinct appearance, dress, and skill set, player classes are designed to be balanced, with no class intended to be clearly better overall than any other. A player may choose to be any class, regardless of species, but each class can only access certain armor, subclasses, and abilities. Weapons are not typically class-restricted; any class can use most weapons. An example of these exceptions are Ace of Spades, Tlaloc, and Fabian Strategy.
- Hunter: "Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You're no outlaw—at least, not anymore—but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules."
- Titan: "You hail from a long line of heroes, forged from strength and sacrifice. Our enemies may be deadly and merciless, but so are you."
- Warlock: "Warlocks have long studied the Traveler, mastering some of its arcane energies. Its true purpose still remains a great mystery, but discovering truth has always driven you into the unknown."
- Ana Bray
- Andal Brask (deceased)
- Dredgen Yor (deceased)
- Eris Morn (formerly)
- Gheleon (deceased)
- Jaren Ward (deceased)
- Omar Agah (deceased)
- Pahanin (deceased)
- Perun (deceased)
- Sai Mota (deceased)
- Shin Malphur
- Tevis (deceased)
- Ain Suhu-ässä
- Jolder (deceased)
- Kabr (deceased)
- Radegast (deceased)
- Lord Shaxx
- Silimar (deceased)
- Thalor (deceased)
- Vell Tarlowe (deceased)
- Wei Ning (deceased)
- Eriana-3 (deceased)
- Felwinter (deceased)
- Gallida Tuyet (deceased)
- Ikora Rey
- Osiris (exiled)
- Skorri (deceased)
- Timur (deceased)
- Toland (deceased)
- Vance (formerly)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 (2013) "Explore Destiny: Guardians". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Miller, Matt. (January 2014 Print Edition) "A Player's Journey: Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Vore, Bryan. (2013-12-27) "The Character Progression of Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ Reveal Trailer
- ↑ Amini, Tina. (2013-02-17) "Everything I Know About Bungie's Next First-Person Shooter, Destiny". Kotaku.com. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- ↑ Venables, Michael. (2013-02-17) "Bungie's Destiny Unveiled". Forbes. Retrieved Aug. 28, 2013.
- ↑ GDC 2013 Panel
- ↑ (2013) "Explore Destiny - Hunter". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved 14 Oct. 2013.
- ↑ (2013) "Explore Destiny - Titan". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved 14 Oct. 2013.
- ↑ (2013) "Explore Destiny - Warlock". Bungie Inc.. Retrieved 14 Oct. 2013.
- ↑ http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Jolder%27s_Iron_Sash
- ↑ http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_of_the_Chosen