Grimoire is a player's repository of Grimoire cards, awards that players earn when they perform certain actions such as killing a certain type of enemy or discovering a new location. Performing these feats unlocks Grimoire cards and contributes to a player's overall Grimoire score. The Grimoire score and unlocked bonuses are shared across all of a player's characters. A player may browse their grimoire cards by visiting the Bungie.net website.
Grimoire cards are associated with various elements of the game and may be awarded for taking a variety of actions, usually for the first time:
- Creating a Guardian of a specific class and race.
- Entering an activity or destination.
- Entering a Crucible map or playlist.
- Collecting a dead Ghost or Calcified Fragment.
- Defeating an Ultra enemy.
- Receiving an exotic weapon.
Some Grimoire cards have ranks, which can be unlocked by continuing to perform certain actions such as killing a specific type of enemy or using certain enemies. Reaching a higher rank can provide additional gameplay benefits, such as earning experience more quickly or gaining better drops during missions.
List of Grimoire CardsEdit
- Main article: List of Grimoire Cards
- ↑ (2014) YouTube: Destiny: Grimoire Card Bonuses Revealed (What's a Grimoire Card?) Retrieved August 27, 2014.