Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
Sysop is synonymous with administrator.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
List of Administrators:
- Overlord Nazo - Bureaucrat | Sysop
- T3CHNOCIDE - Founder | Bureaucrat | Sysop
- Silicon Soldier - Sysop
- ARBITOR 5 - Founder | Council
- Vektor0 - Bureaucrat | Sysop
- Foman123 - Founder | Bureaucrat | Sysop
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so that it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on the wiki.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On Destiny Wiki, users who wish to become Administrators should post at Requests for Adminship. Please review the requirements for administrator access before posting.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version they prefer in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally, an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge," but instead more like someone who is entrusted with a few extra buttons to use for the benefit of the Wikia community.