The Crucible is a competitive player-vs-player (PvP) multiplayer activity in Destiny. Light level advantages are disabled, so all players have a chance regardless of their or their opponents' Light levels.
Players can earn loot by completing Crucible matches. However, in order to be eligible for rewards, a player must have obtained at least one kill.
Special and heavy ammo spawn in crates for most Crucible gametypes. Special ammo spawns after three minutes and then every two minutes afterwards. Heavy ammo spawns every five minutes, and Lord Shaxx will announce it in advance.
The Crucible is unlocked for all Guardians on a player's account once a Guardian reaches level 5.
List of Crucible GametypesEdit
- Main article: Category:Crucible Gametypes
List of Crucible MapsEdit
- Main article: Category:Crucible Maps
List of Crucible EventsEdit
Crucible reputation is awarded to Guardians for completing Crucible matches and bounties. Upon completion of a Crucible match, Guardians receive 25 reputation for a win and 10 for a loss. Once a Guardian reaches a certain Crucible Rank, they will be able to purchase items from Arcite 99-40 and Lord Shaxx in the Tower.
|Crucible Rank||Required amount of Reputation to reach|
|Rank 1||1500 Reputation|
|Rank 2||2000 Reputation|
|Rank 3||2500 Reputation|
|This section lacks information and needs to be expanded.|
- Shoulder Charge
- Max 170 damage and all burn damage from an incendiary grenade
- Flux grenade stick
- First blast from a magnetic grenade stick
- Four bodyshots or a combination of two headshots and one bodyshot from The Last Word with the Soft Ballistics perk
- ↑ Miller, Matt. (June 10, 2014) "Survive The Crucible – Destiny’s Competitive Multiplayer". GameInformer.com. Retrieved June 19, 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Foman123 (20 June 2014) YouTube: Destiny Alpha - Resource Upload 48:22. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- ↑ Reddit "In-depth weapons sats spreadsheet 2.0 (Time To Kill, Damage, RPM), featuring all new weapons from The Taken King Expansion!". Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- ↑ Reddit "What you can live through with a Max Armor Striker, and other helpful info on December patch Titans (Video & Gifs)". Retrieved June 12, 2016.