- Infiltrate the Cabal security system to pinpoint Valus Ta'aurc's location.
- Push deeper inside the Warbase to locate Valus Ta'aurc.
- Take down Ta'aurc's four closest and most powerful lieutenants.
- Three of them are Phalanx Majors: Val Bou'urc, Val Zu'uarc, and Val Ma'aurg.
- The fourth, Val Ca'aul, is in a Ultra Goliath tank.
- Infiltrate the Siege Dancer's Imperial Land Tank commanded by Valus Ta'aurc.
- Hunt down and kill Valus Ta'aurc.
- Ta'aurc is invulnerable until the doors fully close behind him.
- The lower floor of the right side has the most cover.
- The fight changes as Ta'aurc loses health. At 75% of his total health, he will move down the center aisle of the fight location from one end of the area to the other and additional enemies will begin to spawn. At 50%, he will move back to his original spot and even more enemies will spawn. At 25%, he will begin to move all around the room and use his missiles much more frequently, and even more enemies will spawn.
- Save heavy ammunition until Ta'aurc reaches 25% health. The fight gets much more difficult at that point, so you'll want to make sure you get it over with as quickly as possible.
- Getting Ta'aurc to pursue a player underneath the side catwalks will negate his missiles, since they will hit the underside of the catwalk immediately after being fired.
- There are "chandeliers" on top of the map. By using the side pillars of the map and an increased height perk, you can jump up on top of them.
- At the end of the room where Valus Ta'aurc appears, on the left side, there is a gap between the wall and the ramp that allows players to jump down under the ramp behind some crates. Players can shoot out and will be mostly invulnerable to enemy fire.
- At the end of the room where Valus Ta'aurc appears, on the right side by the ramp there is a space on the lower level. If the player goes once Ta-aurc is at 25% health, he will walk to the ramp and start ground slamming repeatedly. Due to him being higher than the player, the ground slam will miss, but he keeps doing it, allowing the player to finish him without taking damage.
COMMANDER ZAVALA: Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather, he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out and break their grip on Freehold.
GHOST: Let's find access to their system. See if we can track down Valus Ta'aurc.
Guardian infiltrates a small building and uses Ghost to scan a terminal.
GHOST: I've established a link. We can track him and his guard.
Guardian approaches the Iron Line.
GHOST: Keep an eye out for his lieutenants. They're just as dangerous.
Guardian fights through the cave and enters a tunnel.
GHOST: Good news. All of his lieutenants are here. We could take down all of his guard!
Guardian kills three of Valus Ta'aurc's lieutenants.
GHOST: I'm picking up another one of his lieutenants heading this way!
A Harvester flies down a short distance away and drops a Goliath tank.
GHOST: He's in a tank!
Guardian destroys the Goliath and kills the last lieutenant.
GHOST: Alright, let's go get Ta'aurc!
The Guardian travels through a canyon and a tunnel and fights their way through the corridors of the Imperial Land Tank. They arrive in the main hall, fight Valus Ta'aurc, and defeat him.
GHOST: We got him. I'll let Commander Zavala know there's one less problem on Mars.
COMMANDER ZAVALA: Valus Ta'aurc has finally been defeated and the Cabal command dealt a great blow. But in the Darkness rising, more fleets will come and new leaders will rise. We must be prepared to face them all.
- In April 2015, Ta'aurc's health was decreased by 33%, and the number of Majors that spawn in the Ta'aurc fight was reduced.