The Awoken are a bluish-gray-skinned player species in Destiny. They are descendants of Humans who, during the Collapse, tried to run to the far edges of known space to escape The Darkness. Something mysterious and strange happened to them at the edge of Human-controlled space, which altered them forever.
In addition to being a playable species, some characters are also Awoken. Uldren Sov, the prince of the awoken and Mara Sov's brother, was shown in the E3 2013 gameplay reveal trailer. Uldren brandished a Hand Cannon at a Warlock and spoke with a flanged voice.
- Paladin Abra Zire (missing, presumed dead)
- Arach Jalaal
- Commander Zavala
- Techeun Kali (missing, presumed dead)
- Paladin Kamala Rior
- Paladin Leona Bryl (missing, presumed dead)
- Mara Sov (missing, confirmed alive by Bungie)
- Master Ives
- Master Rahool
- Paladin Pavel Nolg (missing, presumed dead)
- Petra Venj
- Techeun Sedia (missing, presumed dead)
- Techeun Shuro (missing, presumed dead)
- Tess Everis
- Tyra Karn
- Uldren Sov
- Paladin Yasmin Eld (missing, presumed dead)
- Bungie drew its inspiration for the Awoken from mythological creatures such as elves, vampires, ghosts, and angels.
- ↑ (2013 July 02) YouTube.com: Destiny News - Grimoire Cards Explained! 2:01. Retrieved 05 July 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 GDC 2013 Panel 39:05. Retrieved on 14 Oct. 2013
- ↑ List of Grimoire Cards/Awoken
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 (2013-07-3) YouTube.com: Official Destiny Gameplay Reveal Video 11:28. Retrieved 14 Oct. 2013.
- ↑ Bungie reveals Queen's fate.
|Player||Awoken • Exo • Human|
|Enemy||Cabal • Fallen • Hive • Vex • Taken • Devil Splicers|
|Player||Hunter • Titan • Warlock|