The others sing this song of Light and Dark. We, together, have transcended such unimaginative limitations.
The Awoken are a bluish-gray-skinned player species in Destiny. They are descendants of Humans who, during the Collapse, tried to run to the far edges of known space to escape The Darkness. Something mysterious and strange happened to them at the edge of Human-controlled space, which altered them forever. Many of the Awoken live in The Reef, but others also live on Earth. Earth-born Awoken who adventure to The Reef are often unwelcomed by the Queen as outsiders.
In addition to being a playable species, some non-player characters are also Awoken. An unnamed Awoken character was shown in the E3 2013 gameplay reveal trailer. The character brandished a Hand Cannon at a Warlock and spoke with a flanged voice.
- Arach Jalaal
- Commander Zavala
- Master Rahool
- Petra Venj
- Queen of the Reef
- Queen's Brother
- Tess Everis
- Bungie drew its inspiration for the Awoken from mythological creatures such as elves, vampires, ghosts, and angels.
- ↑ (2013 July 02) YouTube.com: Destiny News - Grimoire Cards Explained! 2:01. Retrieved 05 July 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 GDC 2013 Panel 39:05. Retrieved on 14 Oct. 2013
- ↑ Bungie.net "Awoken Grimoire Card". Retrieved September 19, 2014.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 (2013-07-3) YouTube.com: Official Destiny Gameplay Reveal Video 11:28. Retrieved 14 Oct. 2013.
|Player||Awoken • Exo • Human|
|Enemy||Cabal • Fallen • Hive • Vex|
|Player||Hunter • Titan • Warlock|