The Awoken are a bluish-gray-skinned player species in Destiny. They are descendants of Humans who, during the Collapse, tried to run to the far edges of known space to escape The Darkness. Something mysterious and strange happened to them at the edge of Human-controlled space, which altered them forever.
In addition to being a playable species, some characters are also Awoken. An unnamed Awoken character was shown in the E3 2013 gameplay reveal trailer. The character brandished a Hand Cannon at a Warlock and spoke with a flanged voice.
- Arach Jalaal
- Petra Venj
- Mara Sov (missing, presumed dead)
- Uldren Sov
- Master Rahool
- Tess Everis
- Commander Zavala
- Bungie drew its inspiration for the Awoken from mythological creatures such as elves, vampires, ghosts, and angels.
- ↑ (2013 July 02) YouTube.com: Destiny News - Grimoire Cards Explained! 2:01. Retrieved 05 July 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 GDC 2013 Panel 39:05. Retrieved on 14 Oct. 2013
- ↑ Grimoire Cards/Awoken
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 (2013-07-3) YouTube.com: Official Destiny Gameplay Reveal Video 11:28. Retrieved 14 Oct. 2013.
|Player||Awoken • Exo • Human|
|Enemy||Cabal • Fallen • Hive • Vex • Taken|
|Player||Hunter • Titan • Warlock|