At some point, Asher came in contact with the Vex and was altered by them, gaining a Vex prosthetic in place of his right arm. His Ghost was altered as well. Eris Morn visited Asher in the Tower medical bay.
After he recovered, Asher relocated to Io, where he continued to investigate the growing Vex threat. While he could not find any information on a Hive named Nokris, he did confess that he could feel the Vex' plans changing, and expressed a sort of strange admiration for them. Around this time, he began to be more affected by his Vex prosthetic, his finger bleeding radiolaria when cut.
|This section lacks information and needs to be expanded.|
- Main article: Asher Mir/Dialogue
- "Your work today was more than acceptable. It was adequate."
- "Have you ever considered that the Traveler might be just as chaotic and arbitrary as everything else?"
- "Remember, the universe is a chaotic system. This frippery won't protect you from the continuum."
- "Gensym Armor. Let's hope it does you more good than it did me."
- "I have no use for mawkish sentimentality. What I do need is an assistant who stays alive as awesome as possible."
- "Congratulations on finding your true calling in life. You have been an... adequate assistant."