Armor is protective equipment worn by Guardians to deflect damage and prevent injury. In game, armor is divided between multiple slots that correspond to a different body part, and can have unlockable upgrades that can provide further benefits during combat, especially with rarer pieces. Armor pieces that offer more protection also tend to be rarer.
Armor is divided into slots, with each slot corresponding to a different body part. All player classes can store and wear armor in five (six at Level 40) armor slots that are common across classes:
Only one piece of armor can be equipped in each slot at any time, while more pieces of armor (and/or engrams) can be stored in inventory for each armor slot. Only one exotic armor piece (excluding some class armor) can be equipped at a time.
Gauntlets are a Guardian armor slot available in Destiny.
Chest Armor is a Guardian armor slot available in Destiny.
Leg Armor is a Guardian armor slot available in Destiny.
The Class Armor slot is unique for each player class. Items equipped with this slot can serve to show the Guardians achievements, and allegiance.
Artifacts are a Guardian armor slot made available in Destiny with the release The Taken King. Armor in this slot is similar to class armor in functionality, but does not affect the Guardians appearance. This slot is locked until level 40.
- Main article: Attribute
Some armor may include bonuses to certain player attributes, allowing for additional bonuses as follows:
- Discipline - Reduces the cooldown time of the player's grenade.
- Intellect - Reduces the cooldown time of the player's Super Ability.
- Strength - Reduces the cooldown time of a player's Melee Ability.
- Main article: Armor Perk
Some armor pieces have perks that can be unlocked by gaining experience. Perks may grant boosts such faster reload times for certain weapons or faster cooldown times for grenades or player abilities.
- ↑ Miller, Matt. (January 2014 Print Edition) "A Player's Journey: Destiny". Game Informer. Retrieved 31 Dec. 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Foman123 (2014 June 20) YouTube: Destiny Alpha - Resource Upload Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 IGN (2013) YouTube: Destiny: Behind Closed Doors at Gamescom 2013 07:25. Retrieved 07 Sept. 2013.
- ↑ (20 Mar. 2014) GDC Vault: Building Customizable Characters for Bungie's Destiny 04:40. Retrieved 08 Apr. 2014.
- ↑ Foman123 (20 June 2014) YouTube: Destiny Alpha - Resource Upload 0:01. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 destinygame (2013) YouTube: Reveal Trailer - Official Destiny ViDoc: Pathways Out of Darkness 01:04. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 (20 Mar. 2014) GDC Vault: Building Customizable Characters for Bungie's Destiny 07:25. Retrieved 08 Apr. 2014.