Armor is protective equipment worn by Guardians to deflect damage and prevent injury. Armor is categorized by equipment slot and tier, with armor type and metal to material composition varying upon class.
Armor is divided into slots, with each slot corresponding to a different body part.
In addition, each player class has a fifth armor slot unique to that class (Class Armor):
One piece of armor can be equipped in each of the five slots at any time, while nine pieces of armor (and/or engrams) can be stored in inventory for each armor slot, thus allowing a player to carry up to 50 total pieces of armor and/or engrams (but no more than 10 of any one type) at once. Only one exotic armor piece can be equipped at a time.
Some armor may include bonuses to certain player attributes, allowing for additional bonuses as follows:
- Discipline - Decreases grenade cooldown time.
- Intellect - Reduces the cooldown time of the player's Super Ability.
- Strength - Reduces the cooldown time of a player's Melee Ability.
- Light - Boosts the player's level, increasing the damage done by subclass abilities.
Additionally, some pieces of armor can be upgraded by gaining Experience. Upgrades may grant additional boosts to various statistics, such as the armor's defense level and light, faster reload times for certain weapons, or faster cooldown times for grenades or player abilities.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Foman123 (2014 June 20) YouTube: Destiny Alpha - Resource Upload Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 IGN (2013) YouTube: Destiny: Behind Closed Doors at Gamescom 2013 07:25. Retrieved 07 Sept. 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 (20 Mar. 2014) GDC Vault: Building Customizable Characters for Bungie's 'Destiny 04:40. Retrieved 08 Apr. 2014.
- ↑ Foman123 (20 June 2014) YouTube: Destiny Alpha - Resource Upload 0:01. Retrieved 26 July 2014.